Residents and fellows can now secure lower interest rates on their student loan portfolio – as soon as they’ve matched to a residency program! Regardless of how much is refinanced, the payment will be only $100 per month for all of training.
Resident Interest Rates
Eligibility will depend on your credit profile, total monthly debt payments, and income projections post-training. Please note, residents & fellows with signed contracts to practice, may qualify for our standard rate offerings found here
Residents who request a reduced payment period before entering full repayment will receive an interest rate based on their entire term of their loan, including the reduced payment period. For example, if someone applies for a 5 year loan, with a 3 year reduced payment period, they will receive a rate offer within the 10 year range above.
Benefits of DRB Student Loan Refinancing
- Both Federal and Private loans are eligible
- Borrowers are able to remain on the $100/month schedule up to 6 months after the completion of training
- Accrued interest does not capitalize while paying $100/month but capitalizes at the end of the reduced payment period
- Loans forgiven in the event of death or permanent disability
Refinancing with DRB is easy! Here’s how:
We know that your time is
valuable. Our application is
fast and easy to fill out, and our credit
check instantly lets you know if you
pre-qualify for DRB refinancing.
If you have all documents in hand, you
can submit them right away.
- Photo ID
- 2 recent pay stubs
- Proof of graduation
- Loan statements indicating payoff amounts
- For healthcare: license and malpractice insurance
We will send you a decision, your rate, and applicable disclosures.
You accept the terms and sign a
We pay off your current
student loans and give you the option to link an existing bank account for automated payments, to save you an